Integration services and Welcome Office in Närpes
So, what is it like to move to Närpes and become part of the community? Moving to a new location can be exciting. But you can stay cool! Närpes has a long experience within integration. Successful integration, according to many local residents, consists of a sense of togetherness and a wider society while maintaining one’s own culture and engaging in a trusting and mutual interaction between people and institutions.
Närpes has its own health and community communicator. The primary target group for communicator services are labour migrants and service is offered in English, Swedish and Vietnamese. Närpes also has a Welcome Office providing statutory advice and guidance to immigrants. The staff at Närpes municipality working with integration issues focus on issues affecting immigration as a whole, regardless of what the reason for entry is. The purpose of municipal integration services is that all immigrants are offered the possibility of participation in society.
You can receive e.g.:
- information about the services provided by the municipality of Närpes
- an initial assessment
- help finding language courses, education or training
- tips on leisure activities for children as well as adults
- knowledge on Finnish society
- information about services provided by different authorities (police, TE services, Kela, the Digital and Population Data Services Agency, tax office, Immigration Services)
- help filling out forms
- information about organizational and project activities
Feel free to contact the Welcome Office if you plan to move to Finland or are presently in Finland as a labour immigrant, student, refugee or asylum seeker. You can contact Welcome Office if you have questions regarding residence permits and work-related issues. You can get service in Swedish, Bosnian (Croatian and Serbian), English and German. The Welcome Office offers advice, guidance and information on:
- services provided by authorities (police, the Digital and Population Data Services Agency, Kela, tax office and TE services)
- language courses and educational opportunities
- health care, day care and school system
- recreational activities and housing
Here you can read more about Welcome Office and find contact details.